Monday 30 June 2014

WHY ARE CAROUSELS SO….

SCARY?
I recently went to see the play 1984 (completely brilliant) and afterwards walked along the South Bank.  It was a busy, sunny day and everything seemed bright and normal and innocent when I came across this carousel.  My heart pounded.  Immediately, I started thinking about clowns and spooky figures hiding in the shadows.  I was sure I could hear the sound of mocking laughter…


Of course, Carousel is my favourite musical and the one which gave birth to the haunting anthem which has been adopted by Liverpool football team.  And so I leave you with YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE


(And it was a serious question: why ARE carousels so scary?)

2 comments:

  1. Why are they so scary? Those horrible horses' nostrils!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never thought about the nostrils before, Jack….interesting - but it does not adequately answer my question!

      Delete