Monday 24 January 2011

PARISIAN INSPIRATION

Just back from a weekend trip to my favourite city in the world.
What did I do?
Strolled in the sunshine by the Seine and through the Tuileries - and just soaked up the atmosphere.
Ate turbot and hot chocolate souffle at Michelin-starred restaurant, Marius et Janette - which had been recommended by Arthur Pincher, of Arbroath.
Met the talented sculptor Jean GARLEITA for a drink in a rose-tinted bar just off the Champs Elysees.
And tackled this awkward-looking crustacean at Terminus Nord - a classic French brasserie which is almost an institution. It's situated right opposite the Gare du Nord and serves some of the most delicious food I've ever tasted. It's a station cafe - but not as we know it!

As a consequence, I arrived home feeling thoroughly inspired (and glad that Henry-the-trainer couldn't see the profiteroles which we all snarfed down!).
How about you.....what has inspired you most over the last few days?

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an incredible time, Sharon. Sometime soon I must see Paris again...

    I just returned from a four-day trip to New Mexico. I had a great time visiting an old friend. It's been too long since we've seen each other and within minutes of seeing her, we were talking and laughing like we did when we were growing up together.

    The beautiful scenery and mountain views from her home near the Sangre de Cristo Mountains were definitely inspirational, but this weekend I was inspired by something much more powerful: Friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Dan - that's a really lovely thing to say....because so was I.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I think your crustacean's done the trick inspiration wise, Sharon. It's reminded me that I haven't had a decent meal out in far too long. Or been to Paris with the man of my dreams ... I will make plans to rectify all this immediately!

    And Henry doesn't need to know about the sneaky carbs - he'll never be able to tell - you sleekster you.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a great feeling, isn't it Sharon?

    Today I have another reason to feel inspired... It's my Mom's 78th birthday!

    My brothers and I sometimes refer to her as "Hurricane Emily". She's that full of energy and vigor. I hope to be the same when I'm nearing 80.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing The King's Speech - despite having lowered my expectations it lived up to the hype.

    Guy Pearce's (aka Mike Young in Neighbours) preformance as Edward VIII the most inspiring of a great cast. (An inspirational career trajectory for aspiring soap actors everywhere!)

    J x

    ReplyDelete