Tuesday 21 December 2010

FAMOUS PEOPLE

Yesterday, I had lunch in one of my favourite restauants The Poule au Pot, in Pimlico. Always twinkling and atmospheric - it's especially pretty at Christmas.
Here I am posing happily with one of my presents.

Often occupied by politicians and expensively-dressed locals, you can usually spot a famous face or two - and yesterday was no exception. In walked a tall and commanding man whose scruffy jogging clothes and woolly hat did nothing to detract from his essential star-quality. It was the actor Rupert Everett - who I've always found to be a mesmeric screen presence.
It was actually the second time I've seen him while eating out....the last time was in Soho. (You don't think he's stalking me, do you?)
I love observing famous people at close quarters (while pretending not to, of course!) - do you?


5 comments:

  1. I haven't had too many brushes with celebrity when I've dined in the city. I've seen few famous faces when there is a movie being made in Chicago; it's always fun. Opening night of a new play at Chicago's Steppenwolf Theatre is also a good time to rub elbows with celebrities.

    Slightly off-topic: I recently saw a brilliant production of "The Mikado" at Chicago's Lyric Opera House. I had never seen it before and I had an excellent time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is he STILL wearing that awful tracksuit?! You should have had a quiet word on the style front, Sharon. Something like 'No, Rupert. No, no, NO!'

    He can get away with it though, I suppose.The naughty boy ...

    Lots of love,

    Rach.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen the Mikado either, Dan - and yet I love Gilbert & Sullivan. In fact, I've sung in Pirates and The Gondoliers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fear I've been rumbled ...

    R x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sharon. How funny that you should mention famous people! I was eating only the other day in my local restaurant in Arbroath - just chomping on some lovely smokies in fact - when in walked "Wild Bill" Parcher! Can you believe it? He is hugely famous in the world of goat welfare as President of the International Goat Fraternity, based in Oklahoma. You could have knocked me down with a feather! I engaged him in conversation and he was particularly taken with my sporran. It was so nice of him to spend a few minutes with a lowly shepherd - but then I suppose we are in vogue at this time of year. Do you or any of your readers know "Wild Bill"? Yours, Arty

    ReplyDelete