Monday 25 January 2010

CONGRATULATIONS!


To Rachel, for her wonderfully succinct summation (is that a tautology - or just a complete strangulation of words?) of the skull and butterflies sculpture.  You said:  It is an illustration of man's ability to create beauty transcending death.  Or maybe you got that from the artist - in which case, you've shown huge initiative!

Your prize?  A copy of THE PRINCE'S CHAMBERMAID.  Can you email me your address and I'll send it?

And thanks to everyone else who contributed.


2 comments:

  1. Yipee! Woo hoo and a big hoppity skip!

    What a wonderful woman you are, Sharon.

    And clever.

    I had to look up 'tautology', you know--I clearly have a long way to go with this wordsmithing business!

    Many, many thanks and will email my address asap.

    Lots of love,

    Rach.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Rachel - I confess to only discovering the meaning of tautology when the late, great Giles Gordon accused me of using one when I described a room as being like a "decadent bordello".
    My faint pleas that a bordello COULD be innocent or even morally upright were scorned....
    The book is in the post!

    ReplyDelete